Cutleaf toothwort is a beautiful little plant I love seeing around my ramp patches in the spring. There’s a number of toothworts, but for this post I’m only referring to Cardamine concantenata/dentata, since that’s the only on to have experience eating.
Spring Ephemeral Salad
- 8 oz fresh spring ephemeral greens leaves, stems and flowers
- kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Fresh lemon juice or a dash of vinegar--your choice
- Good tasting salad oil like extra virgin or a rich nut oil
- Wash the greens well, then dry completely in a salad spinner or by gently wrapping in towels.
- Toss the greens with a touch of oil, salt and pepper, and acid to taste, then serve.