Chef Alan Bergo is a Minnesota native. Chef by trade, forager by choice, he worked his way up restaurants around the Twin Cities, discovering his love of foraging mushrooms, plants, herbs, roots and anything else delicious he can learn about along the way.
He lives in St Paul Minnesota, hunting and cooking plants and mushrooms full time with his rescue cat Nala. When he's not working he's usually working, reading fantasy novels or eating at his friend's restaurants in the Twin Cities.
At a Glance
- Awards: 1x James Beard 2x Taste Awards
- Author: The Forager Chefs Book of Flora
- National Media Including Hulu, Tastemade and The Today Show
- Contributor to 15 Books and Counting
He's available for work on the following projects:
- Meet and greets, book-signings and gatherings
- Ambassadorships and collaborations
- Public speaking (Book Alan Bergo)
- Sponsored social posts
- Consulting on relevant topics and products
- Other projects that tell a relevant story
- Cooking, especially outdoor + wood fire
- Speaking on general foraging, plants and mushrooms
- Meat butchery, fabrication and charcuterie
- Hosting and cooking competition judge roles
Rates vary on the scope of work, usage and exclusivity, but please reach out with all budgets, especially for projects that tell relevant stories in or around the wild food world.
alanbergo3 at gmail.com